Ethos and Values
Balsall Common Primary School is ambitious, determined and fully inclusive. The school aims to provide a caring, stimulating and happy atmosphere in which each child may enjoy his/her work and find satisfaction in it, develop positive attitudes, acquire a sense of achievement and develop self-confidence and self-discipline. We believe that Balsall Common Primary School exists to provide every possible opportunity for our children. These opportunities come from an ethos and curriculum that provide maximum learning opportunities for each individual child, no matter what their particular needs may be.
- To enlarge each child’s experience, knowledge, imagination and understanding, thus enabling them to realise their potential for learning and capacity for enjoyment.
- To help pupils develop lively and enquiring minds, the ability to question, argue develop ideas rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- To help pupils become increasingly independent and self motivated, developing learning capacities which will help them to become confident, capable, creative life-long learners.
- To help pupils develop strategies for self-evaluation and to encourage in them a desire to strive for excellence in all areas of school life.
- To encourage children to co-operate with each other, to be sensitive to the needs of others and to develop tolerance and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To encourage children to be sensitive to the needs of the local environment and to develop links with the community in order that the school becomes an active part of the community.
- To encourage parents to take an active part in their children’s education and the daily life of the school.
In effect it is our aim to develop the skills, concepts, attitudes and moral values necessary for each child to take their place in the world as an active member of society and a responsible contributor to it, capable of achieving as much independence as possible.